CFP, MDDS2003

dbjapanの皆様

阪大の原と申します。

9月にチェコ共和国プラハにおいて、下記の国際ワークショップが、
データベースの著名な国際会議であるDEXAと併設して開催されます。

投稿締切が3月25日に延長されていますので、ご投稿をご検討頂け
れば幸いです。

宜しくお願いします。

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻                          |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘2-1                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-7818, Fax: 06-6879-7815            |
4月より所属が変わりました

-----------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

6th International Workshop on
"MOBILITY IN DATABASES AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS"
www.umr.edu/~madrias/mdds'03.html
in conjunction with the
14th International Conference on Database
and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA'2003)
http://www.dexa.org/

September 1-5, 2003
Prague, Czech Republic

        Workshop proceedings to be published by IEEE Computer Society

AIMS & SCOPE

Wireless communication technologies provide a pervasive base
for mobile computing. As the mobile computing technology matures,
millions of people are become mobile users communicating with one
another and accessing various information resources. Mobile computing
involves mobility of users, hardware, software and data. With emergence
of wireless sensor computing, new issues arise with respect to storing,
processing and managing these continuously changing data.

The focus of this workshop is on issues in mobile systems and databases;
in particular objective is to focus more on new emerging issues involved
with respect to pervasive and sensor computing. The aim is to bring
together researchers and practitioners working in the areas of mobile
computing, mobile databases, and building advanced infrastructures and
applications. The idea is to discuss systems research and development
skills involving all aspects of the mobile computing paradigm. Papers
dealing with theoretical interests, speculative ideas, and solid research
foundation and reporting implementation and practical results are solicited.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Data models for mobile information systems
* Impact of mobility in distributed applications
* Software architectures for mobile distributed computing systems
* Wireless communications support for mobile applications
* Infrastructure for mobile computing research
* Mobile database management and mobility-aware data servers
* Mobile transaction and workflow management & models
* Data & process migration, replication/caching and recovery
* Mobile agents and code
* Moving Objects
* Mobile Web services
* User interface management for handheld devices
* Resource allocation and management in mobile computing environment
* Sensor data management
* Pervasive and Context-aware Computing

The workshop will be organized in a manner designed to foster interaction
and exchange of ideas among the participants.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline: March 25th, 2003 (Extended)
Notification of acceptance: May 7th, 2003
Camera-ready copies: May 15, 2003
Workshop: September 1-5, 2003

SUBMISSION DETAILS

Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing original,
previously unpublished work. Papers should be in English, no more than 10
pages long and conform to the IEEE Computer Society Press guidelines
(single-spaced, two-column format). The author guidelines can be found at
http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm
Authors should submit an electronic copy of their paper in ps or pdf format
at madrias [at] umr.edu

Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance,
technical soundness, and clarity of expression. All papers will be refereed by
at least three members of the program committee.

WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to present their work
at the workshop. All attendees must register for the DEXA'2003 conference.
Details about the DEXA'2003 conference can be found at conference web site

WORKSHOP CHAIRS

Sanjay Kumar Madria, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA.
George Samaras, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Yugyung Lee, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA

STEERING COMMITTEE

Panos  K. Chrysanthis, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Vijay Kumar, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, Australia

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Bhargava Bharat, Purdue University, USA
Bhowmick Sourav Saha, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Bouguettaya Athman, Virginia Tech, USA
Chen Ying, IBM China Research Lab, China
Chen Ying SD, IBM China Research Lab, China
Dunham Maggie, Southern Methodist University, USA
Evripidou Paraskevas, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Friday Adrian, Lancaster University, UK
Giaglis George, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Hara Takahiro, Osaka University, Japan
Kitsuregawa Masaru, University of Tokyo, Japan
Labrinidis Alexandros, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Lam Kam-Yiu, City Univ of Hong-Kong, China
Lee Wang-Chien, Penn State University, USA
Loke Seng Wai, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Pastor Oscar, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
Pitoura Evaggelia, University of Ioannina, Greece
Pitsillides Andreas, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Ray Indrakshi, Colorado State University, USA
Reiher Peter, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Roncancio Claudia, ENSIMAG/LSR, France
Saltenis Simonas, Aalborg University, Denmark
Shan Ming-Chien, HP, USA
Tan Kian-Lee, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Wolfson Ouri, UIC, USA
Zadorozhny Vladimir I., University of Pittsburgh, USA