よろしくお願い申し上げます.

筑波大学 森嶋厚行

     筑波大学 知的コミュニティ基盤研究センター 研究談話会のご案内

日時 5月10日(火) 午後3時10分〜午後4時10分
場所 筑波大学春日キャンパス情報メディアユニオン3階共同研究会議室
http://www.kc.tsukuba.ac.jp/access.html

筑波大学知的コミュニティ基盤研究センターは来る5月10日(火)に
以下の研究談話会を開催いたします.

AT&T LabsのSihem Amer-Yahiaは,近年,特にXML問合せ・検索の分野に
おいて,GalaTexやTeXQueryなどの研究開発で有名であり,現在はW3C
Full-Text Task ForceのAT&T Representativeとしても活躍されておられます.
http://www.research.att.com/~sihem/

今後,各種コンテンツ検索のキーテクノロジの一つでなるであろう
XML全文検索に関する技術の最先端についてご講演いただきます.

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております.

2. 内容とスケジュール

時間:午後3時10分〜午後4時10分
講演者: Sihem Amer-Yahia (AT&T Labs Research - USA)

タイトル: XML Full-Text Search and Scoring

概要:
One of the key benefits of XML is its ability to represent a mix of
structured and text data. Querying XML is a well-explored topic with
powerful database-style query languages such as XPath and XQuery set to
become W3C standards. However, these languages are not powerful enough to
express full-text queries on XML documents.

The first part of the talk will describe TeXQuery, a full-text extension to
XPath and XQuery which provides a rich set of fully composable full-text
search primitives, such as keyword and Boolean search, proximity distance,
stemming and regular expressions. TeXQuery is the precursor of XQuery
Full-Text, the current full-text extension to XPath 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 that
is being developed by the W3C. I will describe its syntax and semantics.

The second part of the talk contains recent research I have been doing on
scoring answers to XML queries. Due to structural heterogeneity in XML
documents, queries are often interpreted approximately and their answers are
returned ranked on scores. XML scoring ranges from pure content scoring to
scoring on both content and structure. However, none of the existing methods
fully accounts for structure and combines it with content to score query
answers.  I will describe novel XML scoring methods that are inspired by
tf*idf and that account for both structure and content for scoring answers
to XML queries.

I will finish the talk by describing some of the challenges that we are
facing in trying to incorporate scoring into the syntax and semantics of
XQuery Full-Text.

3. 参加について

・参加費:無料です.事前に登録の必要はございません.