(新しい締切はStrictです。締切以降は投稿サイトを閉鎖します)

まだ、ご検討中の方は、奮ってご投稿ください。

原 隆浩

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※
※※※ 論文の概要登録締切を更に数日間受け付けます!! ※※
※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

5月に奈良(奈良新公会堂)において、下記の通りモバイルデータ
管理に関する国際会議が開催されます。
IEEE、日本データベース学会、情報処理学会(DBS,DPS,MBL,UBI)、
電子情報通信学会(DE)が共催しており、さまざまなコミュニティの
協力体制の下で会議の運営を行っております。

この分野は、これからのユビキタス環境、モバイルネットワーク、
センサーネットワークにおける重要な研究課題を対象としており、
優秀な研究発表および活発な議論が展開されるものと期待しており
ます。

*************
日本での開催という大変貴重な機会ですので、日本の研究成果を海
外に強力に発信するためにも、皆様の積極的なご投稿を是非ともご
検討ください。
*************

MDM'06 プログラム共同委員長
原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 助教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
CFP)

            FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS (Deadline is extended!!)

 7th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM'06)

                  Nara, Japan, May 8-12, 2006
                http://www.mdm2006.kddilabs.jp/

  IEEE Technical Committee on Data Engineering (TCDE)
  The Database Society of Japan (DBSJ)
  Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ)
  The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication
   Engineers (IEICE)

SCOPE:

The strong growth in wireless communications and the ever increasing
availability of mobile multi-purpose devices have created a global
computing environment that plays a key role in the daily activities of
millions of people. Users communicate, work, and confer using a wide
range of devices all connected via an array of communication networks
that provide voice and data access regardless of geographic position.
This infrastructure aggregation presents a number of challenges
especially when it comes to data-intensive applications: scale,
variable and intermittent connectivity, provision of
location-dependent applications, bandwidth/power consumption, device
size limitations, and multimedia delivery across hybrid networks.
Conventional issues in data management have to be thought and
evaluated anew in this rapidly changing environment. Non-traditional
issues including semantics of data, location-centric data services,
broadcast and multicast delivery, data availability techniques,
security of data, as well as privacy questions have to be addressed.
MDM'06 focuses on challenges and opportunities for data management and
access technology in the evolving world of mobile, wearable, and
pervasive computing.

TOPICS OF INTERST:

* Theoretical foundations of data-intensive mobile computing
* Location and mobility semantics
* Data placement, caching, replication and relocation to support
  mobility
* Data broadcasting/dissemination in mobile environments
* Data presentation, scripting and exchange languages
* Data management for ubiquitous/pervasive/wearable computing
* Data management in sensor and mobile ad hoc networks
* Data stream processing in mobile/sensor networks
* Resource advertising and discovery techniques to support mobility
* Metadata management and exchanges
* Query processing and optimization for mobile users
* Transactions and workflows in mobile computing
* Middleware support for mobility
* Web access and Internet applications using mobile devices
* Context-aware computing and location-based services
* Adaptation of user interface and content
* Mobile agent platforms and ubiquitous computing applications and
  systems
* Operating system and network support for mobile devices
* Security and privacy issues for ubiquitous systems
* Location tracking of vehicles and moving objects
* Quality of service issues for data-intensive services
* Adaptability and stability of pervasive computing systems
* Data mining for mobile application
* Resource indexing and overlay networks
* Publish-subscribe approach in mobile computing

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Submitted papers must be original and not submitted for publication elsewhere. Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts via the MDM 2006 paper submission site (https://msrcmt.research.microsoft.com/MDM2006/) by November 1, 2005. The PDF format is preferred but PostScript format is acceptable.
The paper length should not exceed 8 pages in the camera-ready IEEE
style. Formatting instructions and LaTeX macros are available on the
IEEE computer society site:

LaTex macros:
ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/IEEE_CS_Latex.zip
Formatting instructions:
ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/instruct.doc
ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/instruct.pdf
ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/instruct.ps

IMPORTANT DATES:

Abstract Submission:        November 1st (Tue.), 2005
Paper Submission:           November 7st (Mon.), 2005
Notification of Acceptance: January 19th (Thu.), 2006
Camera-Ready Due:           February 13th (Mon.), 2006

Industrial/experience papers as well as proposals for panels, demos,
tutorials, and workshops are also sought by October, 2005.
Industrial/experience papers are expected to discuss novel aspects of
deployed applications and/or prototypes as well as experiences and
standards.

CONFERENCE OFFICERS:

Conference Co-Chairs:
  Kien A. Hua (U. of Central Florida, USA)
  Masaru Kitsuregawa (U. of Tokyo, Japan)

Program Co-Chairs:
  Karl Aberer (EPFL, Switzerland)
  Takahiro Hara (Osaka U., Japan)
  Anupam Joshi (U. of Maryland, Baltimore Country, USA)

Organizing Committee:
  Shunsuke Uemura (NAIST, Japan)*
  Teruo Higashino (Osaka U., Japan)
  Hiroshi Ishikawa (Tokyo Metropolitan U., Japan)
  Hiroyuki Kitagawa (U. of Tsukuba, Japan)
  Yoshifumi Masunaga (Ochanomizu U., Japan)
  Hideyuki Nakashima (Future U. - Hakodate, Japan)
  Tetsuji Satoh (NTT, Japan)
  Haruo Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Tech., Japan)
  Takashi Watanabe (Shizuoka U., Japan)

Industrial Committee Co-Chairs:
  Sanjay Madria (U. of Missouri-Rolla, USA)
  Katsumi Takahashi (NTT, Japan)
  Henry Tirri (Nokia Research Center, Finland)

Workshop Committee:
  Yoshito Tobe* (Tokyo Denki U., Japan)
  Masayuki Iwai (Keio U., Japan)

Seminars Co-Chairs:
  Ugur Cetintemel (Brown U., USA)
  Yoshiharu Ishikawa (U. of Tsukuba, Japan)

Panel Chair:
  Vijay Kumar (U of Missouri-Kansas City, USA)

Demonstration Co-Chairs:
  Yutaka Kidawara (NICT, Japan)
  Xing Xie (MSRA, China)

Publicity Chair:
  Shinji Ota (KDDI R&D Labs., Japan)

Publication Chair:
  Eiji Kamioka (NII, Japan)

Registration Chair:
  Keiichi Yasumoto (NAIST, Japan)

Financial Chair:
  Susumu Ishihara (Shizuoka U., Japan)

Local Arrangement Committee:
  Tsutomu Terada* (Osaka U., Japan)
  Jun Miyazaki* (NAIST, Japan)
  Akiyo Nadamoto (NICT, Japan)
  Shinsuke Namajima (NAIST, Japan)
  Akimitsu Kanzaki (Osaka U., Japan)

*chairperson(s)

Program Committee Members:
  Divyakant Agrawal(UC Santa Barbara, USA)
  Khalil Amiri (Imperial College London, UK)
  Christian Becker(U. of Stuttgart, Germany)
  Elisa Bertino(Purdue U. USA)
  Athman Bouguettaya(Virginia Tech, USA)
  Bernard Burg(Panasonic, USA)
  Ugur Cetintemel(Brown U., USA)
  Dipanjan Chakraborty(IBM India Research Lab, India)
  Surendar Chandra(U. of Notre Dame, USA)
  Panos Chrysanthis(U. Pittsburgh, USA)
  Alex Delis(U. of Athens, Greece)
  Alfredo Goni(U. of the Basque Country, Spain)
  Paul Grace(Lancaster U., UK)
  Le Gruenwald(U. of Oklahoma)
  Yoshiharu Ishikawa(U. of Tsukuba, Japan)
  Valerie Issarny(INRIA, France)
  Ravi Jain(Docomo USA Labs, USA)
  Christian S. Jensen(Aalborg U., Denmark)
  Lalana Kagal(MIT CSAIL, USA)
  Vana Kalogeraki(UC-Riverside, USA)
  Ibrahim Kamel(U. of Sharjah, UAE)
  Hyunchul Kang(Chung-Ang U., Korea)
  Yutaka Kidawara(NICT, Japan)
  Donald Kossmann(ETH Zurich, Switzland)
  Bhaskar Krishnamachari(USC, USA)
  Dik Lee(HKUST., Hong Kong)
  Wang-Chien Lee(Penn State U.)
  Hui Lei(IBM T. J. Watson, USA)
  Hong Va Leong(HK Polytechnic U., Hong Kong)
  Shou-Chih Lo(National Dong Hwa U., Taiwan)
  Seng Loke(Monash U., Australia)
  Zakaria Maamar(Zayed U., Dubai)
  Sanjay Madria(U. of Missouri-Rolla, USA)
  Rainer Malaka(EML Heidelberg, Germany)
  Pedro Jose Marron(U. of Stuttgart, Germany)
  Dennis McLeod(USC, USA)
  Eduardo Mena(U. of Zaragosa, Spain)
  Rebecca Montanari(U. of Bologna, Italy)
  Beng Chin Ooi(Nat. U. of Singapore, Singapore)
  Aris Ouksel(UI-Chicago, USA)
  Jignesh M. Patel(U. of Michigan, USA)
  Filip Perich(Cougaar Software, USA)
  Evi Pitoura(U. of Ioannina, Greece)
  Wolfgang Prinz(Fraunhofer FIT, Germany)
  Apratim Purakayastha(IBM T. J. Watson, USA)
  Krithi Ramamritham(IITB, India)
  Claudia Roncancio(INPG/IMAG LSR Lab, France)
  George Samaras(U. of Cyprus, Cyprus)
  Ichiro Satoh(NII, Japan)
  Peter Scheuermann(Northwestern U., USA)
  Heiko Schuldt(UMIT, Austria)
  Makoto Takizawa(Tokyo Denki U., Japan)
  Kian-Lee Tan(Nat. U. of Singapore, Singapore)
  Zahir Tari(RMIT U., Australia)
  Niki Trigoni(U. of London, UK)
  Ozgur Ulusoy(Bilkent U., Turkey)
  Michalis Vazirgiannis(AUEB, Greece)
  Upkar Varshney(Georgia State U., USA)
  Jari Veijalainen(U. of Jyvaskyla, Finland)
  Ouri Wolfson(UI-Chicago, USA)
  Xing Xie(MSRA, China)
  Jianliang Xu(HKBU, Hong Kong)
  Vladimir Zadorozhny(U. of Pittsburgh, USA)
  Arkady Zaslavsky(Monash U., Australia)