日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2008年)

[dbjapan] センサネットワークイベントのご案内

日本データベース学会会員の皆様、

阪大の原です。

下記のようなセンサネットワーク関係のイベントが開催されます。
電子情報通信学会DE研も協賛しております。

このイベントは、センサネットワーク関係の超大御所のFeng Zhao
氏(Microsoft Research, ACMTransactions on Sensor Networksの
編集委員長)を始めとする講演会や討論会という内容になっており
ます。

興味がおありの方は是非ご参加ください。
なお、参加には下記URLへの登録が必要となっております。

   REGISTRATION(参加無料)
    http://osoite.jp/NSULHP2008/

原 隆浩

                         Call For Participation

              International Symposium on Networked Sensing,
                      Urban Lives, and Human Probes

                Organized by OSOITE Project, CREST, JST

                in cooperation with IEICE DE,
                Ubiquitous Networking Forum,
                IPv6 Sensor Networking Consortium,
                Akiba Techno Club,
                Center for Research Collaboration (Tokyo Denki University),
                   (and other institutions)

                       Tokyo Denki University
                           June 16, 2008

In recent years, advances in wireless networking, sensing technologies,
embedded microprocessors, and micro-fabrication have enabled a new
generation of networked sensing. This trend will also change people's
living style in cities. In this symposium, we discuss networked
sensing technologies to urban lives. In particular, we also consider
tiny size sensors attached to human as movable sensors and call them
human probes. In addition to statically installed sensors, we can
utilize information obtained by movable human probes in urban areas.
The purpose of this symposium is to provide a forum to exchange ideas,
discuss related topics, and share experiences among researchers and
professionals both from networked sensing and urban studies.

  PROGRAM

  10:00-10:10 Opening (Room 1701)
  10:10-11:00 Keynote I: "World Wide Sensor Web"
              Feng Zhao, Microsoft Research, USA
  11:00-11:20 "Aggregation of Data Generated by Human"
              Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University/CREST, Japan
  11:20-11:40 "Detection of Pedestrians Using Subtraction Stereo"
              Kazunori Umeda, Chuo University/CREST, Japan
  11:40-12:00 "Testbeds and Devices for Sensor Network"
              Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan
  12:00-13:00 Lunch Reception (Room 1601)
  13:00-13:50 Keynote II: "Urban Informatics" [planned]  (Room 1701)
              Eric Paulos, Intel Research, USA
  13:50-14:10 "What is Probe Person ?"
               Eiji Hato, University of Tokyo, Japan
  14:10-14:30 "Sensing and Supporting Encounters in a City"
               Shin'ichi Konomi, University of Tokyo, Japan
  14:30-14:50 "Wireless Technologies for Urban Lives"
              Mike Hazas, Lancaster University, UK
  15:10-16:00 Panel "Infrastructure for Urban Sensing"
              Moderator: Yoshito Tobe
  16:00-16:10 Closing

   SYMPOSIUM VENUE
    Building #11, Tokyo Denki University
    2-2 Kanda-Nishiki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8457, Japan

   REGISTRATION
    http://osoite.jp/NSULHP2008/
    Registration fee is free.

   CONTACT