阪大の原です。

今年度末の3月に以下のような国際ワークショップを、情報爆発プロジェクト
(東大 喜連川先生領域代表)の共催イベントとして開催致します。
(概要登録締切は9月末となっております。)

開催地は国内の福岡で、大規模国際会議であるCISIS2009の共催ワークショッ
プとなっております。

投稿をご検討いただけましたら幸いです。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 准教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

                      CALL FOR PAPERS

  International Workshop on Data Management
  for Information Explosion in Wireless Networks (DMIEW 2009)

  Fukuoka, Japan, March 2009
  in conjunction with International Conference on Complex,
  Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CICIS 2009)

In recent few years, wireless networks have become incredibly
popular. Various types of wireless networks such as cell-phone
networks, wireless LANs, ad-hoc networks, sensor networks, and
mesh networks have been developed at many places. In adttion, the
number of wireless terminals and information generated by such
terminals has increased repidly. Thus, we are in a time which we
could call the "Information-Explosion Era."

This workshop aims to deliver a platform for discussions and
technical presentations on the current challenges and solutions,
as well as directions for future research directions on data
management techniques of wireless networks in the
information-explosion era.

IMPORTANT DATES:
 - Submission Deadline: September 30, 2008
 - Author Notification: November 20, 2008
 - Author Registration: November 30, 2008
 - Final Manuscript Due: December 15, 2008

TOPICS of INTEREST:
 Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following
 areas:

 - Data management for wireless applications
 - Data aggregation in wireless sensor networks
 - Metadata management and exchanges for wireless applications
 - Middleware support for mobile and ubiquitous computing
 - Operating system and network support for mobile devices
 - Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
 - Security issues of data management in wireless networks
 - QoS issues for data-intensive services in wireless networks
 - Query processing for mobile users
 - Query processing for sensor networks
 - Transactions and workflows in wireless networks
 - Context aware computing and location-based services
 - Managing intensive data streams over wireless networks
 - Handling inaccuracy, unreliability and data loss
 - Corss layer approach in wireless networks
 - Data mining and warehousing in wireless networks

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
 Submitted papers must be original and not submitted for publication
elsewhere. Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts following
the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript style: two columns,
single-spaced, including figures and references, using 10 fonts, and
number each page.
 The papers should be no longer than 6 pages. They will be carefully
evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness,
and clarity of exposition. The papers should be submitted
electronically via CISIS 2009 web site.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
 Workshop Chair
  - Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan

 Program Co-Chairs
  - Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada
  - Akimitsu Kanzaki, Osaka University, Japan

PROGRAM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
  - TBA

This workshop will be partially organized and supported by Japan
MEXT grant-in-aid for Priority area Research called Cyber
Infrastructure for the Information-explosion Era.
(Principal Researcher: Prof. M. Kitsuregawa)