日本データベース学会の皆様、

大阪大学の原です。

9月にアルバニアで、ネットワーク上の情報システムに関する国際会議が開催
されます。

論文投稿締切は3月10日となっております。

多くの方にとって、アルバニアを訪問する機会はそれ程多くないと考えますの
で、この機会に投稿をご検討いただけましたら幸いです。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 准教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

The 14-th International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems
(NBiS-2011)
http://www.takilab.org/conf/nbis/2011/

Polytechnic University of Tirana (http://www.upt.al)
Tirana, Albania
September 7 - 9, 2011

===============
IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Submission Deadline: March 10, 2011
Authors Notification: May 10, 2011
Author Registration: June 10, 2011
Final Manuscript: July 1, 2011
Conference Dates: September 7 - 9, 2011
==========
SCOPE
==========

The International Conference on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS) started as an International workshop in 1998, which was held in Vienna, Austria in conjunction with DEXA International Conference. From 1998, NBiS had been held successfully every year and high quality papers are presented. After the 9-th NBiS, which was held at Krakow, Poland in 2006, NBiS was promoted to an International Conference and the 10-th NBiS was held in Regensburg, Germany in 2007 as International Conference.

NBiS is becoming a very important event for network research community and is improved every year in quality and quantity.
The NBiS International Conference is going around the world in all continents.
NBIS-2009 was held in Indianapolis, USA and NBiS -2010 was held in Takayama, Japan.
The 14-th NBiS will be held at Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania from September 7 to 9, 2011.
Tirana is a the capital city of Albania. For more information please see the following URL: http://www.albanian.com/main/countries/albania/tirana/index.html.

The main objective of NBiS is to bring together researchers from both network systems and information systems with the aim of encouraging the exchange of ideas and experience between these two communities. It will represent an international forum to give an overview of the most recent trends. In the past decade, our network infrastructure has undergone radical changes. It has evolved from a small number of interconnected computer networks to a global socio-technical infrastructure, where people communicate and interact spontaneously in cyber space and with the cyber physical world, create content and share knowledge over a network of heterogeneous networks. In the future, global society will increasingly rely on socio-technical networks designed in harmony with societal values and economic viability, with enhanced security, privacy, resilience, availability and manageability, and the ability to incorporate as yet unforeseen technologies, applications and services.

Future networks should be available anytime and anywhere, be accessible from any communication device, require little or no management overhead, be resilient to failures and malicious attacks, and be trustworthy for all types of communication. They must be able to evolve over time to incorporate new technologies, support new classes of applications, and meet new requirements and challenges. They also need to accommodate growth and unforeseen changes across many dimensions, including traffic load, network size and topology, physical link characteristics, different types of applications, and heterogeneity, without significant performance degradation.

The conference scope ranges from home networks with numerous "smart" appliances to enterprise networks, core networks, and application-level networks.

The NBiS-2011 seeks original contributions in all relevant areas, including but not limited to the following topics.

===================
TOPICS OF INTEREST
===================

-Communication Networks and Protocols
-Grid Computing Infrastructures
-P2P Networks and Applications
-Ubiquitous Computing Applications
-Pervasive Computing and Applications
-Autonomic Computing and Applications
-Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
-Sensor Networks
-Ad Hoc Networks
-Sensor and Actor Networks
-High-Speed Networks
-Parallel and Distributed Algorithms
-Routing Algorithms
-Scheduling, Resource Discovery and Allocation
-Interoperable Systems
-Distributed Object-Oriented Systems
-Databases and Data Mining
-Social Networks
-Network Security and Privacy
-Web and Internet Applications
-Electronic Commerce
-Networking Multimedia Systems and Applications
-Intelligent Information Systems
-Bio-inspired information systems
-Distance Learning Systems
-eBusiness
-Eco Distributed Systems
==========================
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
==========================

Submit a full paper not more than eight pages (Proceedings Manuscript: two column, single-spaced), including figures and references, using 10 font size, and number each page.
You can find instructions to format the Proceedings Manuscript, at the following web page:
http://www.computer.org/portal/site/cscps/

Prepare your paper in PDF file (Adobe format), and submit it electronically to the NBiS-2011 web page: http://www.takilab.org/conf/nbis/2011/

Accepted papers will be given guidelines in preparing and submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the notification of acceptance. Proceedings of the NBiS-2011 will be published by Conference Publishing Service. Presented papers at NBiS-2011 will be considered for publication in several Special Issues in International Journals.
============
WORKSHOPS
============

If you would like to organize a workshop, please submit a workshop proposal including call for papers, number of papers to be accepted, contact person, to the NBiS-2011 workshop Co-Chairs by October 1, 2010. Proceedings of NBiS-2011 workshops will be published by Conference Publishing Service and will be put in DIgital Library. The schedule of each workshop should follow the conference schedule.

Workshops Co-Chairs

Nik Bessis, University of Bedfordshire, UK
E-mail: Nik.Bess{at}beds.ac.uk

Tomoya Enokido, Risho University, Japan
E-mail: eno{at}ris.ac.jp

David Taniar, Monash University, Australia
E-mail: dtaniar{at}gmail.com

================================
NBiS-2011 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
================================

Honorary Chair
Jorgaq Kacani, Rector of Tirana Polytechnic University, Albania

General Co-Chairs
Rozeta Miho, Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
Fatos Xhafa, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain

PC Co-Chairs
Sabri Pllana, Vienna University Austria
Ilsun You, Korean Bible University, Korea
Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan

Workshop Co-Chairs
Nik Bessis, University of Bedfordshire, UK
Tomoya Enokido, Risho University, Japan
David Taniar, Monash University, Australia

Award Co-Chairs
Arjan Durresi, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI), USA
Minoru Uehara, Toyo University, Japan
Hui-Huang Hsu, Tamkang University, Taiwan

Publicity Co-Chairs
Irfan Awan, University of Bradford, UK
Wenny Rahayu, La Trobe University, Australia
Akio Koyama, Yamagata University, Japan

International Liaison Co-Chairs
Chung-Ming Huang, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Hiroshi Shigeno, Keio University, Japan
Markus Aleksy, ABB AG Corporate Research Centre, Germany

Publication Co-Chairs
Hiroaki Kikuchi, Tokai University, Japan
Timothy K. Shih, Asia University, Taiwan
Salvatore Vitabile, University of Palermo, Italy
Local Arrangement Co-Chairs
Vladi Kolici, Tirana Polytechnic University, Albania
TBA
TBA

Treasure Co-chairs
Valbona Barolli, Seikei University, Japan
TBA

Web Administrators
Ailixier Aikebaier, Seikei University, Japan
Makoto Ikeda, Seikei University, Japan

Steering Commitee Co-Chairs
Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan
Makoto Takizawa, Seikei University, Japan
Area Chairs

1. Network-on-Chip (NoC) for Systems-on-Chip (SoC)

TBA

2. Communication Networks and Protocols

TBA

3. Databases and Data Mining

TBA

4. Cloud, Grid and P2P Computing

TBA

5. Semantic Web and Internet Applications

TBA

6. Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing Applications

TBA

7. Multimedia Systems and Applications

TBA

8. Mobile and Wireless Networks

TBA

9. Network Security and Privacy

TBA

10. Social Networks

TBA

11. Energy Efficient Networks and Green IT

TBA

12. Intelligent Computing and Networking

TBA

PC Members

Please check the NBiS-2011 web.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:

NBiS Conference Steering Commitee Co-Chairs

Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan
E-mail: barolli{at}fit.ac.jp

Makoto Takizawa, Seikei University, Japan
E-mail: makoto.takizawa{at}st.seikei.ac.jp
NBiS-2011 General Co-Chairs

Rozeta Miho, Tirana Polytechnic University, Albania
E-mail: rozetamiho{at}yahoo.com

Fatos Xhafa, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
E-mail: fatos.xhafa{at}gmail.com
NBiS-2011 PC Co-Chairs

Sabri Pllana, Vienna University Austria
E-mail: fatos.xhafa{at}gmail.com

Ilsun You, Korean Bible University, Korea
E-mail: isyou{at}bible.ac.kr

Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan
E-mail: hara{at}ist.osaka-u.ac.jp
NBiS-2011 Workshops Co-chairs

Nik Bessis, University of Bedfordshire, UK
E-mail: Nik.Bessis{at}beds.ac.uk