IEEE iThings 2013/CPSCom 2013/GreenCom 2013 Call for Demos and Exhibitions
- To: "\(computational.science [at] lists.optimanumerics.com\)" <computational.science [at] lists.optimanumerics.com>, "\(dbjapan [at] dbsj.org\)" <dbjapan [at] dbsj.org>, "\(discuss [at] ieeetcsc.org\)" <discuss [at] ieeetcsc.org>, "\(manet [at] ietf.org\)" <manet [at] ietf.org>, "\(multicomm [at] comsoc.org\)" <multicomm [at] comsoc.org>, "\(mobicom [at] acm.org\)" <mobicom [at] acm.org>, "\(info-autonomic [at] autonomic-communication.org\)" <info-autonomic [at] autonomic-communication.org>, "\(p2p [at] listserv.utk.edu\)" <p2p [at] listserv.utk.edu>, "\(tc-comswtc [at] comsoc.org\)" <tc-comswtc [at] comsoc.org>, "\(cfp [at] mmlab.snu.ac.kr\)" <cfp [at] mmlab.snu.ac.kr>, "\(ontc [at] comsoc.org\)" <ontc [at] comsoc.org>, "\(ifip_nm [at] bbcr.uwaterloo.ca\)" <ifip_nm [at] bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>, "\(advisor [at] networking.khu.ac.kr\)" <advisor [at] networking.khu.ac.kr>, "\(orctrans [at] loria.fr\)" <orctrans [at] loria.fr>, "\(reres [at] laas.fr\)" <reres [at] laas.fr>, "\(dmanet [at] zpr.uni-koeln.de\)" <dmanet [at] zpr.uni-koeln.de>, "\(cse-cfp [at] cse.stfx.ca\)" <cse-cfp [at] cse.stfx.ca>, "\(tcsc [at] cse.stfx.ca\)" <tcsc [at] cse.stfx.ca>, "\(tccc [at] lists.cs.columbia.edu\)" <tccc [at] lists.cs.columbia.edu>, "\(dbworld [at] cs.wisc.edu\)" <dbworld [at] cs.wisc.edu>, "\(computational.science [at] lists.iccsa.org\)" <computational.science [at] lists.iccsa.org>, "\(agents [at] cs.umbc.edu\)" <agents [at] cs.umbc.edu>, "\(authors [at] inf.ufsc.br\)" <authors [at] inf.ufsc.br>, "\(sbc-l [at] sbc.org.br\)" <sbc-l [at] sbc.org.br>, "\(seg-l [at] sbc.org.br\)" <seg-l [at] sbc.org.br>, "\(resd-l [at] sbc.org.br\)" <resd-l [at] sbc.org.br>, "\(mycolleagues [at] mailman.ufsc.br\)" <mycolleagues [at] mailman.ufsc.br>, "\(cnom [at] inf.ufsc.br\)" <cnom [at] inf.ufsc.br>, "\(hipeac-publicity [at] gso.ac.upc.edu\)" <hipeac-publicity [at] gso.ac.upc.edu>, "\(pervasive [at] soft.uni-linz.ac.at\)" <pervasive [at] soft.uni-linz.ac.at>, "\(pervasive [at] pervasive.jku.at\)" <pervasive [at] pervasive.jku.at>, "\(isworld [at] lyris.isworld.org\)" <isworld [at] lyris.isworld.org>, "\(sigmm [at] pi4.informatik.uni-mannheim.de\)" <sigmm [at] pi4.informatik.uni-mannheim.de>, "\(researchers [at] mailman.ufsc.br\)" <researchers [at] mailman.ufsc.br>, "\(ahsntc-mailing-list [at] list.trlab.ca\)" <ahsntc-mailing-list [at] list.trlab.ca>, "\(announce [at] ubicomp.lancs.ac.uk\)" <announce [at] ubicomp.lancs.ac.uk>, "\(ubicomp-announcements [at] comp.lancs.ac.uk\)" <ubicomp-announcements [at] comp.lancs.ac.uk>, "\(um [at] di.unito.it\)" <um [at] di.unito.it>, "\(semanticweb [at] yahoogroups.com\)" <semanticweb [at] yahoogroups.com>, "\(reflective-middleware [at] cs.uiuc.edu\)" <reflective-middleware [at] cs.uiuc.edu>, "\(distributed-computing-announce [at] datasys.cs.iit.edu\)" <distributed-computing-announce [at] datasys.cs.iit.edu>, "\(tcpp-announce [at] cc.gatech.edu\)" <tcpp-announce [at] cc.gatech.edu>, "\(tcpp-announce [at] computer.org\)" <tcpp-announce [at] computer.org>, "\(siam-sc [at] siam.org\)" <siam-sc [at] siam.org>, "\(cfp [at] papersinvited.com\)" <cfp [at] papersinvited.com>, "\(conferences [at] gridtoday.com\)" <conferences [at] gridtoday.com>, "\(csc [at] lists.purdue.edu\)" <csc [at] lists.purdue.edu>, "\(cfp [at] grid.chu.edu.tw\)" <cfp [at] grid.chu.edu.tw>, "\(hpc-announce [at] mcs.anl.gov\)" <hpc-announce [at] mcs.anl.gov>, "\(workshop.ftra [at] gmail.com\)" <workshop.ftra [at] gmail.com>, "\(grad_ms [at] kaist.ac.kr\)" <grad_ms [at] kaist.ac.kr>, "\(grad_phd [at] kaist.ac.kr\)" <grad_phd [at] kaist.ac.kr>
- Subject: IEEE iThings 2013/CPSCom 2013/GreenCom 2013 Call for Demos and Exhibitions
- From: CPScomConf. <cpscom2013 [at] outlook.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 05:56:02 +0000
- Importance: Normal
IEEE iThings 2013/CPSCom 2013/GreenCom 2013
August 20-22, 2013
Call for Demos and Exhibitions
Call for Cybermatics Creative Video Contest
Deadline: June 10, 2013
Please take notice to the following submissions.
Paper authors are welcome to submit their work to
these as well.
1. Call for Demos and Exhibitions
The IoT/CPSCom demo and exhibition program provides researchers
and engineers with opportunities to show their cutting-edge work
presented in an interactive fashion. The live demonstrations and
exhibitions may include implementations of techniques presented
in the main conference, workshops, other conferences and venues,
as well as systems and video. We encourage companies or other
commercial entities or laboratories to participate in showcasing
their products. Prospective applicants should submit a 2-page paper
of the demonstration/exhibition in the IEEE CS format
(http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting) via email
(cpscom2013demo [at] live.com). Video demonstrations are also welcome.
The main selection criteria will be the expected general interest
of the demonstration to the cyber physical system and social computing
community. The accepted demo/exhibition will be included in the IoT/CPSCom
conference proceedings. As a condition for acceptance, at least one of
the people must be registered for the main conference, and present
the demo in the conference with a poster and optional video. We will
print out the poster in the conference if the demonstrator sends it
beforehand in electronic format. All demos will compete for the Best
The conference will at minimum provide a space for your demo, a poster
stand, a table and chairs, and a power connection (220V). If you need
any special equipment you should provide that by yourself, including power
converters, projectors, audio amplification, wireless LAN routers/access
points, etc. Please specify your demo requirements on a separate page
so that we can plan the demo area accordingly.
Dr. Pin Tao, Tsinghua University, China (taopin [at] tsinghua.edu.cn)
Dr. Kongqiao Wang, Nokia Research Center, China (kongqiao.wang [at] nokia.com)
Submission e-mail: cpscom2013demo [at] live.com
- Submission deadline: June 10, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: June 30, 2013
- Camera-ready demo paper: July 10, 2013
2. Call for Cybermatics Creative Video Contest
It is believed that the frontier of information science is increasingly
characterized by not only catching up with the human intelligence (e.g.
intelligent sensing, and making decision and control), but also learning
much from the nature-inspired attributes (e.g., dynamics, self-adaptability,
and energy saving). Among such research areas, a newly-emerged interdisciplinary,
Cybermatics (i.e., cyber technology) as we call here, includes three main aspects:
Internet of Things (IoT), cyber, physical and social computing, and green computing
The Cybermatics Creative Video Contest is a call for works from academia and industry
for digital videos that involve any video work, information design and digital animation
work about the concept of cyber technology. The content within the video must be related
to cyber technology, IoT and big data, and demonstrate how it can produce a great impact
on the future of human life.
We welcome video submissions from at home and abroad, and from any academic, business,
education and government circles to take part in the "Cybermatics Creative Video Contest".
Please submit your video that conforms to the following specifications to
cpscom2013video [at] gmail.com:
- Video size: HD (1920?280), or SD (1280?20).
- Video format: AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4
- Video time: Up to 5 minutes.
- Deadline: June 10, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2013
Please also include the title of your video, the team members and affiliation, and an
abstract of up to 150 words that explains your video, what makes it is applicable to cybermatics,
and how it can help improve human life.
For inspiration, see an example of a cybermatics video called "A Day Made of Glass" from Corning:
The contest will happen in two phases:
1) The videos are evaluated according to creativity, relevance and impact, and choose the
top 5 videos.
2) The selected 5 videos will be exhibited in the conference, where each author will give
a 30 second pitch as to why his/her video should be the winner. The conference attendees will
then vote for the winner.
Cybermatics Video Chairs:
Ning Wang, Beihang University, China
Jun Fei, Chinese Academy of Fine Arts, China
Submission e-mail: cpscom2013video [at] gmail.com
- Submission deadline: June 10, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: June 30, 2013
- Prev by Date: CFP: WISE 2013 Workshop on data quality and trust in Big Data (QUAT'13)
- Next by Date: Deadline extension: ICSNC 2013 || October 27 - November 1, 2013 - Venice, Italy