   向けた最高速データベースエンジンの開発と当該エンジンを核とする
   戦略的社会サービスの実証・評価
後援 電子情報通信学会 データ工学研究専門委員会
後援 ACM SIGMOD Japan Chapter

日時: 12月24日(火) 15:00〜17:00
場所: 東京大学生産技術研究所 E棟 5階 会議室B(Ew-502)
      http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

Speaker : Prof. David Cheng
Title: Secure Query Computation with Data Interoperability in a Cloud
Database Environment

参加費 無料

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

                        FIRST : 研究代表者       喜連川 優
                        電子情報通信学会データ工学研究会 委員長
                             木俵 豊

To: first_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

 講演会 参加申し込み

12月24日(月)の講演会に参加
・名前
・ご所属

Program

Date: December 24(Tuesday), From 15:00 to 17:00
Place: IIS  Ew-502 ("E" building on the 5th floor)
http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

Speaker: Prof. David Cheung(The University of Hong Kong)

Title: Secure Query Computation with Data Interoperability in a Cloud
Database Environment

Abstract:
In this talk, we will address a security issue in a cloud database
system. In such a system, the user/data owner (DO) exports its data to a
cloud of a service provider (SP), which offers a database service. To
provide data security, highly sensitive data is encrypted by the DO
before it is uploaded to the database at the SP, and the SP is not
trusted to have information about the encryption. In order for the SP to
process queries on the encrypted data, we need homomorphic encryption,
which allows computations to be done on encrypted data without knowing
the data content. Existing homomorphic schemes cannot answer SQL-like
queries that involve operations of many kinds. We propose and design a
secure query database system on relational tables and a set of primitive
operators on encrypted data that allow data interoperability. This is
the first system that allows SQL-like queries to be processed on
encrypted data. We prove that the encryption scheme is secure against a
defined security model. Through experiments, we show that computation on
the DO is minimal and most of the computation is done on the SP.  Hence,
this is a good-fit model for cloud database.

Biography:
Professor David Cheung is a Professor of the Department of Computer
Science and Director of the Center for E-commerce Infrastructure
Development (CECID) in The University of Hong Kong. He is the leader of
the Data Engineering Research Group in HKU. He conducts research in
database, data mining, e-commerce and accessibility technologies. He is
a Distinguished Fellow of the Hong Kong Computer Society, a recipient of
the HKU Outstanding Researcher Award. He received the Distinguished
Contribution Award in the 2009 Pacific-Asia Data Mining and Knowledge
Discovery Conference and was the co-chair of the 2009 CIKM Conference.
In 2013, Professor Cheung was awarded a Medal of Honour by the Chief
Executive of the Hong Kong Government for his contribution to
information technology.
--
中野 美由紀	芝浦工業大学 教育イノベーション推進センター
Miyuki NAKANO	Shibaura Institute of Technology