日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2017年)

[dbjapan] CFP: 国際会議DS2017@京都 (投稿〆切6/6に延長)

日本データベース学会の皆様、

2017年10月15日〜17日に京都で開催される発見科学に関する
国際会議 Discovery Science 2017 の投稿締め切りを再度延長
いたしました。

  原稿締切: 2017年6月6日 UTC 23:59 (2017年5月20日から延長)
  採否通知: 2017年7月7日

会議録は Springer LNAI として出版されます。
また、採録論文は Machine Learning Journal の Discovery Science
特集号へ拡張版の論文を投稿をしていただけるよう準備中です。

詳しくは下記Webページをご覧ください。
http://www.iip.ist.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ds2017/

皆様のご投稿とご参加をお待ちしております。
---
久保山哲二
学習院大学 計算機センター

========================
Call for Papers

20th International Conference on Discovery Science held in conjunction
with ALT-2017, 15-17 October 2017 – Kyoto, Japan

http://www.iip.ist.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ds2017/

::: IMPORTANT DATES :::
-----------------------

- Full paper submission:  6 June 2017 23:59 UTC
                                         (extended from 20 May 2017)
- Author notification: 7 Junly 2017
- Camera-ready papers due: 21 July 2017
- Conference: 15-17 Oct. 2017

::: CFP :::
-----------

The 20th International Conference on Discovery Science (DS 2017)
provides an open forum for intensive discussions and exchange of new
ideas among researchers working in the area of Discovery Science.

The scope of the conference includes the development and analysis of
methods for discovering scientific knowledge, coming from machine
learning, data mining, intelligent data analysis, big data analysis as
well as their application in various scientific domains.

We welcome papers that focus on the analysis of different types of
massive and complex data, including structured, spatio-temporal and
network data. We particularly welcome papers addressing
applications.

Finally, we would like to encourage contributions from the areas of
computational scientific discovery, mining scientific data,
computational creativity and discovery informatics.

Traditionally the proceedings of DS series appear in the Lecture Notes
in Artificial Intelligence Series by Springer-Verlag. In addition, a
special issue on Discovery Science is planned in Machine Learning
Journal. DS-2017 will be co-located with ALT-2017, the 28th
International Conference on Algorithmic Learning Theory. The two
conferences will be held in parallel, and will share their invited
talks.

::: Invited Speakers :::
------------------------

- Adam Kalai – Microsoft Research (Invited Speaker for ALT 2017)
- Alexander Rakhlin – University of Pennsylvania (Invited Speaker for ALT 2017)
- Masashi Sugiyama – RIKEN, University of Tokyo
                (Joint Invited Speaker for ALT 2017 and DS 2017)
- Koji Tsuda – University of Tokyo (Invited Speaker for DS 2017)

::: Submission Topics :::
-------------------------
We invite submissions of research papers addressing all aspects of
discovery science. We particularly welcome contributions that discuss
the application of data analysis, data mining and other support
techniques for scientific discovery including, but not limited to,
biomedical, astronomical and other physics domains. Applications to
massive, heterogeneous, continuous or imprecise data sets are of
particular interests. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

- Knowledge discovery, machine learning and statistical methods
- Ubiquitous Knowledge Discovery
- Data Streams, Evolving Data and Models
- Change Detection and Model Maintenance
- Active Knowledge Discovery
- Learning from Text and web mining
- Information extraction from scientific literature
- Knowledge discovery from heterogeneous, unstructured and multimedia data
- Knowledge discovery in network and link data
- Knowledge discovery in social networks
- Data and knowledge visualization
- Spatial/Temporal Data
- Mining graphs and structured data
- Planning to Learn
- Knowledge Transfer
- Computational Creativity
- Human-machine interaction for knowledge discovery and management
- Biomedical knowledge discovery, analysis of micro-array and gene deletion data
- Machine Learning for High-Performance Computing, Grid and Cloud Computing
- Applications of the above techniques to natural or social sciences

::: Submission Guidelines :::
-----------------------------

Papers may contain up to fifteen (15) pages and must be formatted
according to the layout supplied by Springer-Verlag for the Lecture
Notes in Computer Science series. The Program Committee reserves the
right to offer acceptance as Short Papers (8 pages in the Proceedings)
to some submission. Submitted papers may not have appeared in or be
under consideration for another workshop, conference or a journal, nor
may they be under review or submitted to another forum during the DS
2017 review process.

Authors can submit their papers electronically via our submission page
through Easychair.

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ds2017

---
Takuya Kida, Takeaki Uno, and Tetsuji Kuboyama (PC Chairs DS)
Akihiro Yamamoto (General Chair ALT/DS)