[dbjapan] Call for Workshop: ACM IUI 2018
- To: dbjapan [at] dbsj.org
- Subject: [dbjapan] Call for Workshop: ACM IUI 2018
- From: Yoshinori Hijikata <hijikata [at] soc-research.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:53:20 +0900
国際会議ACM IUI 2018 (Annual meeting of the intelligent interfaces community )のワークショップ提案募集の案内をお送りします．IUIは来年23回目を迎える人工知能とヒューマンインタフェースの境界領域の研究について議論するトップカンファレンスです．近年流行りの機械学習や自然言語処理を応用したインタフェースだけでなく，心理学，行動科学，認知科学やデザイン，アートなどの観点から，人間とコンピュータのインタラクションを向上させるような研究も発表されます．
■■■■ 重要日程 ■■■■
9月14日 ワークショップ提案 採否通知
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
In conjunction with the 23rd International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI2018)
March 7-11, 2018
IUI 2018 is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide a venue for presenting research on focused topics of interest and an informal forum to discuss research questions and challenges. Workshops will be held on the last day of the conference. We invite submissions of full-day (6 hours) and half-day (3 hours) workshop proposals on any of the conference topics (or related).
We encourage proposals for a wide range of workshops, including but not limited to:
- "Mini-conferences" on specialized topics; such workshops may have their own paper submission and review processes.
- "Late breaking work" meetings; such workshops usually have a lighter review process (e.g. based on abstracts only).
- "Hands-on" workshops around a specific problem or topic that may wish to ask participants to submit a position statement.
- "Project centric" workshops that may be closely related to the scope of an existing large scale (e.g. NSF, EU, etc. funded) project.
- "Mini-competitions", challenges, or hackathons around selected topics with individual or team participation.
=============== PROPOSAL FORMAT ===============
Note: One of the keys to a successful workshop submission is to CONTACT THE CHAIRS WITH YOUR IDEAS (workshops2018 [at] iui.acm.org), and work together to prepare an exciting proposal!
Workshop proposals should be maximum 2 pages long and follow the formatting instructions from SIGCHI Paper Format, http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform. Please submit your proposal by e-mail to the workshop chairs at workshops2018 [at] iui.acm.org.
The proposals should be organized as follows:
- Name and title: A one-word workshop acronym and a full title.
- Description of workshop topic and goal: This description should discuss the relevance of the suggested topic to IUI and its interest for the IUI2018 audience. Include a brief discussion of why and for which audience the workshop is of particular interest.
- Organizers: Names, affiliations, emails, and web pages of the workshop organizers. This can be a single person or a group of people. Strong proposals normally include organizers who bring differing perspectives on the topic and are actively connected to the communities of potential participants. Please indicate the primary contact person and the organizers who plan to attend the workshop.
- Previous history: List of previous workshops that were held on the topic including the conferences that hosted past workshops and the number of participants. Also please provide the list of other workshops organized by workshop organizers in the past.
- Workshop program committee: Names and affiliation of the members of the (tentative) workshop program committee that will evaluate the workshop submissions.
- Participants: A statement saying how many participants you expect and how you plan to invite participants for the workshop. We recommend the proposal to include the names of at least 10 people who have expressed interest to participate in, or contribute a paper to, the workshop.
- Workshop format: A brief description of the workshop format regarding the mix of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, and general discussion.
- Length: Full-day or half-day.
- Proposal format: Workshop proposals should be maximum 2 pages long and follow the formatting instructions from SIGCHI: http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform.
- Workshop proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the workshop chairs.
- Organizers: We strongly encourage all of the workshop organizers to attend IUI and take part in their workshop. This can make the workshops more appealing for the participants and strengthen the discussion part.
- Workshop summary: An extended abstract with a summary of the workshop goals and an overview of the workshop topics will be included in the ACM Digital Library for IUI 2018.
- Workshop proceedings: At the convenience of the workshop organizers, we will arrange a joint volume of online proceedings for the workshop papers. Workshops should request the authors to submit papers in the ACM SIGCHI Paper Format.
- Cancellation: Workshops with few submissions by December 17, 2017 may be cancelled, shortened, merged with other workshops, or otherwise restructured. This will be done in consultation between the IUI 2018 workshop chairs and the workshop organizers.
Additionally, we strongly encourage to have workshop organizers from different institutions and research communities, bringing different perspectives to the workshop topic. We welcome workshops with a creative structure that attracts various types of contributions and ensures rich interactions.
The organizers of accepted workshops are responsible for producing a call for participation and publicizing it, such as distributing the call to relevant newsgroups and electronic mailing lists, and especially to potential audiences from outside the IUI conference community. Workshop organizers will maintain their own website with updated information about the workshop and the IUI 2018 web site will refer to the workshop site. The workshop organizers will coordinate the paper solicitation, collection, and review process, and coordinate the production of the joint online proceedings with IUI 2018 workshop chairs.
=============== IMPORTANT DATES ===============
Discuss your topic with the workshop chairs: ASAP (workshops2018 [at] iui.acm.org)
Proposals due: August 14, 2017
Decisions Sent: September 14, 2017
** TENTATIVE dates of the review cycle **
Submission deadline: December 17, 2017
Report submission status to IUI workshop chairs: December 18, 2017
Final go/no-go decision: December 21, 2017
Camera-ready of workshop summary: December 24, 2014
Notifications to authors: January 23, 2018
Camera-ready of accepted papers: February 6, 2017
Workshop date: March 11, 2018
================== WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS ==================
Takanori Komatsu, Meiji University, Japan
Alan Said - University of Skövde, Sweden
- [dbjapan] PacificVis 2018 (4/10-13) 論文募集
- From: itot [at] is.ocha.ac.jp
- [dbjapan] PacificVis 2018 (4/10-13) 論文募集