場所 東京大学生産技術研究所 E棟 5F 会議室A(Ew-501)
      E棟 5階 エレベータをあがって左手奥
      http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

      (ご注意)
   当日は日曜日ですので、正門からしか入れません。マップをご確認の
   上、お入りください。また、ビルの入り口が施錠されております。
   当日、E棟入り口に案内を出しておきますので、内線電話にて
   ご連絡ください。

Title:  Building Infrastructure to Support Web-scale Data Mining for Search
Speaker: Dr. Wei-Ying Ma (Principal Researcher/Research Area Manager,
                          Microsoft Research Asia)

参加費 無料

参加ご希望の方は、
 日本データベース学会のホームページにて
   ( http://www.dbsj.org/ )
   会員登録の後(会費無料、すでに登録されている方は結構です)、
      sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jpに
   添付の参加申込書をお送り下さい。

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

                        日本データベース学会 副会長・企画委員長
                        (ACM SIGMOD日本支部 支部長) 北川博之

                       担当委員  中野 美由紀

                        連絡(問合せ)先 日本データベース学会、ACM SIGMOD
日本支部
                                sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
                http://www.dbsj.org/

To: sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

日本データベース学会・ACM SIGMOD日本支部共催 講演会 参加申し込み

11月26日(日)の講演会に参加
・名前
・ご所属

Title:  Building Infrastructure to Support Web-scale Data Mining for Search
Speaker: Dr. Wei-Ying Ma (Principal Researcher/Research Area Manager,
                          Microsoft Research Asia)

Abstract
To accelerate our innovation in search engines, we have found it
necessary to build an infrastructure to provide many large-scale data
processing and data management capabilities. The infrastructure we are
currently building, called WebStudio, allows researchers and engineers
to easily implement and test their ideas or algorithms at web-scale
without worrying about low-level system issues. With this
infrastructure, we are able to apply web-scale data mining technologies
to understand web pages and queries and use the extracted information to
improve the performance of our current search engine. In this talk, I
will introduce the projects we are working on at MSR Asia related to the
development of this infrastructure and shared some important lessons we
have learned.

Bio
Dr. Wei-Ying Ma is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research Asia
where he leads the Web Search & Data Mining Group. Prior to joining MSR
Asia in 2001, Wei-Ying was with HP Labs where he worked in the field of
multimedia adaptation and distributed media services infrastructure.
From 1994 to 1997 Wei-Ying was engaged in the Alexandria Digital Library
(ADL)
project in UCSB while completing his Ph.D. Wei-Ying currently serves
as an Editor for the ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems Journal and Associate
Editor for ACM Transactions on Information System (TOIS).  He has served
on the organizing and program committees of many international conferences
including ACM Multimedia, SIGIR, CIKM, WWW, and was the general co-chair
of the International Multimedia Modeling (MMM) Conference 2005 and
International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR) 2005.
Over the course of his career, Wei-Ying has published 5 book chapters and
over 150 international journal and conference papers.
--
中野 美由紀		東京大学 生産技術研究所 喜連川研究室
Miyuki NAKANO		Institute of Industrial Science, Univ. of Tokyo