日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2013年)

Big Data talk by Prof. Jagadish

dbjapanの皆様

ミシガン大のJagadish先生によるBig Dataに関する講演会を開催します.
奮ってご参加下さい.

吉川正俊

---------------------
Date/Time: Friday, April 12, 2013, 14:45-16:15
Speaker:   H. V. Jagadish
           Bernard A Galler Collegiate Professor of
           Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
           University of Michigan
Title:     "Big Data: Challenges and Opportunities outside the Box"
Room:      Large Seminar Room
           1st floor of Science Frontier Laboratory ("Sentan-tou" in Japanese)
           Faculty of Medicine Campus
           Kyoto University
           http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/profile/intro/access/campus/medicine.htm
Abstract:     The promise of data-driven decision-making is now being
           recognized broadly, and there is growing enthusiasm for the
           notion of ``Big Data.'' In fact, it is hard to avoid mention
           of Big Data anywhere we turn today.
              Yet, many have a very narrow interpretation of what that
           means, and we lose track of the fact that there are multiple
           steps to the data analysis pipeline, whether the data are big
           or small.  At each step, there is work to be done, and there
           are challenges with Big Data.
              This talk will present an overview of the challenges and
           then delve into some Big Data issues that may not be the first
           ones that come to your mind when you hear the term.
---------------------

Best Regards,
Masatoshi Yoshikawa

Masatoshi Yoshikawa
Department of Social Informatics
Graduate School of Informatics
Kyoto University
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8501, JAPAN
phone: +81(75)753-5975   mobile: 080 3506 5355   fax: +81(75)753-4970
e-mail: yoshikawa [at] i.kyoto-u.ac.jp