日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2014年)

[dbjapan] 講演会 Dr Cathal Gurrin "Lifelogging. Creating the Personal Digital Assistant.

dbjapanの皆様

国立情報学研究所の神門 典子(かんど のりこ)と申します。
ショートノーティスでたいへん恐縮ですが、
明日、Dublin City UniversityからDr. Cathal Gurrin
をお招きして"Lifelogging. Creating the Personal
Digital Assistant"の講演会を開催いたします.

お時間の許す方は、ぜひ、ご参加ください。
周囲のご関心のある方々にもお声掛けいだければ
幸いです。

なお、資料と会場の準備のため、もし、可能ならこの
メール末尾の申込書をkando-secr <at> nii.ac.jpまで
お送りいただけると、たいへん助かります。(登録なし
での当日参加も、歓迎いたします。)

* 日時: 2014年6月20日(金)13:30-14:30

* 場所: 国立情報学研究所 2009-2010号室(20階)
http://www.nii.ac.jp/en/about/access/

* Speaker: Dr. Cathal Gurrin, Dublin City University, Dublin
http://www.dcu.ie/info/staff_member.php?id_no=756

*Title:
Lifelogging. Creating the Personal Digital Assistant.

*Abstract:
Lifelogging is a form of pervasive computing which represents
a phenomenon whereby people can digitally record their own daily lives
in varying amounts of detail, for a variety of purposes. In a sense it
represents the ultimate “black box” of a human’s life activities and it
offers huge potential for mining or inferring knowledge to assist us in
daily life. We are currently observing a convergence of technologies
which are creating the conditions for the emergence of lifelogging as a
mainstream activity; computer storage has become cheap, there are readily
available sensing technologies for both the person as well as location
 and environment and there is growing interest in the phenomenon of
sensing and recording oneself, the quantified-self movement.

In this talk I will introduce and motivate the concept of maintaining
lifelogs,which are set to revolutionize our personal lives, healthcare,
learning and productivity. I will discuss my own motivation for becoming
a lifelogger, as well as what I have learned from this process. With the viewpoint of an Information Retrieval scientist, I will motivate and describe
the technical challenges to be addressed and introduce the research
to address these challenges, research that points to the potential
advances when cognitive science meets computer science. Finally, I
will introduce the technologies under development at various locations
that attempt to efficiently gather flexible and extensible
lifelogs. My experiences motivate this talk, as well as a passion for
researching the technical challenges of Lifelogging.

*Biography:
Cathal Gurrin is a lecturer at the School of Computing, at Dublin
City University, Ireland and he is an investigator at the Insight Centre
for Data Analytics. Cathal is really a ‘hands-on’ researcher, so since
June 2006, he has ‘lived his research’ and worn various sensing devices
during waking hours. He has amassed a huge archive of 14 million
wearable camera photos, weeks of video, sound samples and various other
sensors such as location, movement, and nearby people. His research team
is exploring how they can develop quantified self and lifelogging
technologies that can have positive benefits in the real-world, with an
initial focus on personalised healthcare and digital lifelogs. He has
been the General Chair of ECIR 2011 and MMM 2014; he was the PC co-chair
of ECIR 2010 and Sensecam 2013; and he was the posters/demos chair of ACM
SIGIR 2013 and the demos chair of CIKM 2010.
―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・―・
Registration for the seminar talk on:
6月20日講演会 参加申し込み:

Title:"Lifelogging. Creating the Personal Digital Assistant."

Speaker: Dr. Cathal Gurrin, Dublin City University

I will attend the seminar talk on Jun. 20th at 13:30 - 14:30.
6月20日(金)13:30-14:30 の講演会に参加します.

 - Your Name (お名前):
 - Affiliation (ご所属):
 - Email: