日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2016年)

[dbjapan] 論文募集:IEEE Communication Magazine (People-Centric Internet of Things) - 7/15締切

日本データベース学会会員の皆様、

阪大の原です。

締切を延長したため再度(最終)の論文募集のご案内です。

IEEE Communication Magazineでは、人を中心にとらえたIoTに関する特
集を企画しています。

締切が7月15日となっておりますので、是非とも投稿をご検討ください。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 教授                    |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4510, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

(Our apologies if you received multiple copies of this CFP)

Call for papers

IEEE Communications Magazine - Feature Topic on People-centric Internet of Things

This CFP can be accessed via the link: http://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/people-centric-internet-things <http://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/people-centric-internet-things>

FEATURE TOPIC

PEOPLE-CENTRIC INTERNET OF THINGS

CALL FOR PAPERS

Internet of Things (IoT) is designed to operate in conjunction with and in service of people. Therefore, people can be viewed as an integral part of the IoT ecosystem. Although considerable work has been done in the recent past regarding IoT, many challenges have remained. In fact, most technologies and solutions for accessing real-world information are either closed, platform-specific, or application-specific. Recent efforts to define IoT reference architectures, such as IoT-A, OpenIoT, SENSEI, or FI-WARE, are important steps in the right direction, but they still lack features that are important for people-centric applications, such as adaptability, intuitiveness, and integration capabilities. So, on one hand, there is need to define an IoT architecture that goes beyond vertical solutions by integrating all required technologies and components into a common, open and multi-application platform. On the other hand, there is need to develop a set of common building blocks, mid
 dleware and services that can be used to construct people-oriented applications in an open, dynamic and more effective way into smart environments including but not restricted to smart cities, businesses, education and e-health.

This Feature Topic solicits technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, pertaining to People-Centric Internet of Things, including architectural aspects, middleware, and applications. It provides a forum for a broad range of unsolicited high quality scientific research papers that meet the criteria of originality, presentation quality and topic relevance.

Submissions should clearly identify how they relate to topics under consideration in this special issue. Contributions describing an overall working system and reporting real world deployment experiences are particularly of interest.

This Feature Topic will focus on several topics such as:

- People-IoT Interactions
- Social Network Applications to Mobile Computing
- Context-Aware Applications and Services
- Human in the Loop
- Big Data Analysis in People-centric IoT
- Cloud-based People-centric IoT Applications and Environments
- Security and Privacy
- Prototypes, Field Experiments, Testbeds

SUBMISSIONS

Articles should be tutorial in nature and written in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. Authors must follow the IEEE Communications Magazine's guidelines for preparation of the manuscript. Complete guidelines for prospective authors can be found athttp://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines <http://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines. It is very important to note that the IEEE Communications Magazine strongly limits mathematical content, and the combined number of figures and tables to six. Manuscript length (introduction through conclusions, excluding figures, tables and captions) should not exceed 4,500 words. Manuscripts should be submitted through Manuscript Central at http://commag-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com/ <http://commag-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com/by the manuscript submission deadline. Please select “February 2017 / People-Centric IoT” in the drop down menu. For further details, please refer
  to 'Information for Authors' on the IEEE Communications Magazine web site at http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html <http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html>.

IMPORTANT DATES

Manuscript Submission: July 15, 2016
Decision Notification: September 15, 2016
Final Manuscripts Due: November 15, 2016
Publication Date: February 2017

GUEST EDITORS

Jorge Sa Silva, University of Coimbra, Portugal
sasilva [at] dei.uc.pt <mailto:sasilva [at] dei.uc.pt

Pei Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
peizhang [at] cmu.edu <mailto:peizhang [at] cmu.edu

Trevor Pering, Google, USA
peringknife [at] google.com <mailto:peringknife [at] google.com

Fernando Boavida, University of Coimbra, Portugal
boavida [at] dei.uc.pt <mailto:boavida [at] dei.uc.pt

Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan
hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp <mailto:hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp

Nicolas C. Liebau, SAP AG, Germany
nicolas.liebau [at] gmail.com <mailto:nicolas.liebau [at] gmail.com>