[dbjapan] 論文募集: eScience 2020 @ Osaka
- To: "dbjapan [at] dbsj.org" <dbjapan [at] dbsj.org>
- Subject: [dbjapan] 論文募集: eScience 2020 @ Osaka
- From: 金京淑 <ks.kim [at] aist.go.jp>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:45:22 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=aist.go.jp; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=aist.go.jp; dkim=pass header.d=aist.go.jp; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=mLPheS3sRYEMasyJcZZhLwXuKUsyRhreZBqVEP7NGUo=; b=mPXT8igaiFBxYRSlxR9FE7VfP3TaEtJbwoIoHR0i3t0fssprjA0A/gf0kyYQ9XUDIkq9N1CANRiLbqsna+7qtpDcdgEHq6+niUUPSOAjsA90nHrsRHPaH6a9etzCmxPlNrtG6UYbHMs/Da1Dc52/tQpgMvBbp7xL5MjLE8Q5bb2h/wn6auztwoxEphakLk/yVP+y14Got8yG1fB+/0HZPAuXsIUdjQL30vaIXIR5IukieFLV4CMnGjvVF6C9fDWYdCUMKbl3rC/fp7Dw83ODj/+btBtv/1VcDG1B67esNnZkoCGaFQ3oXLt6Ae82n403U6xANzOrGuZETvypJJpphg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=KJLV4LmwrGAnV8DFzi/d1BKj4QNoFEra/VESJcL0Vc6hddeUAgRIJWWdVWe82VoaSYsw67LKlAjzdyjWaSOxBEa+5JLgzB78lF4p8Of4YZagTuHPs9Xu7AiMw/d9fqkiV6zTCGNl1m7GE3hAzFGQaZ56BHhtUN0SLw8pfhZfox5N/8lzOiUPhZHzLtyTVFLM8FGOUTDXQA1zed9iZmajJzu8tJ1T4ET23+rrIUcuPMyKcOvJ643VW0BsXn/MuqwhwwbtE9TbomP523kAwqESRwgANEdws0UnsJKPEbNU+Xc1NGEU7RRAcm40oMeq0Zjp71OVykJEvDE9+Y51ErWKEQ==
- Thread-topic: 論文募集: eScience 2020 @ Osaka
今回は、私が「eScience for Location-based Services」のSpecial Trackを担当しております。
September 8-11, 2020, Osaka, Japan
Call for Papers
The 16th eScience Conference will be held in Osaka, Japan from September 8 – 11, 2020.
eScience 2020 welcomes the international community of researchers and software engineers from all disciplines to present and discuss their scientific practices involving data science, artificial intelligence and computing. Researchers from the humanities to physics, engaged in collaborative data- or compute-intensive research, are invited to attend. The objective of the eScience Conference is to promote innovation in collaborative research across all disciplines, throughout the research lifecycle.
The digital world is transforming science and society, simultaneously presenting new opportunities and challenges. One of these challenges is keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in computer science. Furthermore, some disciplines are well advanced in exploiting computational technologies and data science, while others are just scratching the surface. The aim of this conference is cross-fertilization across research disciplines, to advance science and humanities by fully exploiting the use of technology and cyberinfrastructure. Disciplines include, but are not limited to: life sciences, health research, arts, digital humanities and social sciences, physics, chemistry, astronomy, climate, environmental science, and earth science. Digital technologies include, but are not limited to: machine learning, natural language processing, real time data analysis, interoperability and linked data, multi-scale and multi model simulations, high performance computing, workflow technologies, reproducibility, visualization, open science and image processing.
This year, the conference is divided into special tracks in addition to the Main Track, namely:
・Machine Learning for eScience
・Software Tools & Infrastructure
・eScience for Location-based Services
This call for papers is for papers in all tracks of the conference, all in IEEE format. Three types of papers will be accepted:
・Research papers (Full papers 8-10 pages and Short papers 4 pages): focus on new research achievements, spanning core technologies and applications.
・Experience papers (Full papers 8-10 pages and Short papers 4 pages): focus on practical outcomes through applying computer-, data- and information-science tools and techniques to novel problems.
・Posters (2 pages): focus on early stage results for presentation in a poster session, giving presenters a chance to showcase their latest results and innovations.
To be eligible for an oral presentation, you must submit the abstract of your full paper before Friday April 3, and your full paper before Friday April 10, 2020. Papers will also be considered for a poster presentation. All papers are single-blind peer reviewed and if accepted published in the conference proceedings. It is a requirement that at least one author of each accepted paper attends the conference.
On September 8, the day prior to the conference proper, there will be workshops and tutorials. Please refer to the call for workshops and call for tutorials separately.
In addition, this year, eScience is co-located with the Global Research Platform Workshop. The two conferences will offer shared events such as shared evening reception and opportunities for mingling during the breaks. Conference attendees will have the option to register for one or both conferences, in full or in part. These two audiences share interests, content, and culture, and we will announce further details of our collaboration in 2020. This is an opportunity to attend both events!
/ Key Dates /
Workshop Submissions Due: Friday, March 6, 2020
Workshop Acceptance Notification: Friday, March 20, 2020
Paper Abstracts Due: Friday, April 3, 2020
Paper & Tutorial Submissions Due: Friday, April 10, 2020
Notification of Paper & Tutorial Acceptance: Friday June 12, 2020
Poster Submissions Due: Friday June 26, 2020
Notification of Poster Acceptance: Friday July 17, 2020
All Camera-ready Submissions Due: Friday August 7, 2020
Conference Dates: September 8-11, 2020
/ Paper Submission Guidelines /
Authors are invited to submit conference papers (Full papers 8-10 pages and Short papers 4 pages) for an oral presentation using the IEEE 8.5 × 11 manuscript guidelines: double-column text using single-spaced 10-point font on 8.5 × 11 inch pages. Templates are available from IEEE(https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html).
Authors are invited to submit a 2 page paper for a poster presentation using the same template including figures and references.
Contributions should be submitted in PDF format to easychair(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=escience2020).
- Prev by Date: [dbjapan] Code4Lib JAPANカンファレンス2020発表募集（Call For Proposal）
- Next by Date: [dbjapan] [CFP] The 12th Workshop on Multimedia for Cooking and Eating Activities (CEA2020)